Friday, January 20, 2012

And THEN

Miles is telling a lot of random little stories lately.  It's clear that I ask, "What happened THEN?" frequently because every sentence of his stories begins with, "then..."


"Last week I bumped my head.  Then my mommy asked if I was ok.  Then I told her, 'I'm fine.... I think.'"
_______


"This is a monster foot." (Pointing out his left foot to daddy while in the tub.)
"This foot is a boy." (Pointing to his right foot.)
"Then the monster chases the boy!" (He puts both feet up on the side of the tub and chases the right with the left.)
"Then the monster friend catches the boy." (Left foot lands on right.)
"I love that boy!" (Monster foot kisses and snuggles boy foot.)


__________


"I was doing like this at Mamaw Pam's house." (Standing on one foot with the other extended behind him, in an awkward, unbalanced way that reminds me of myself attempting back kicks in kickboxing class!)


"Then Aunt Bickie told me to put one hand on the couch.  So I did.  I put one hand on the couch.  Then I did this again.  Then in worked!"  (Holding onto my chair now, doing the same one-footed move, but less clumsily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment